Saturday, 24 January 2015 9:13:23 PM Pacific/Auckland
Wednesday, 20 November 2013 4:42:32 PM Pacific/Auckland
FDA GRAS Status
In July 2011, BLIS Technologies Limited achieved a significant milestone with its oral probiotic called BLIS K12™ by obtaining GRAS status, which now enables this probiotic to be included as an ingredient in food products within the United States.
All humans have Streptococcus salivarius in their oral cavity. Streptococcus salivarius are common in the mouth and make up to 40% of all the bacteria in the normal healthy mouth.Read More
Sunday, 18 November 2012 11:37:39 PM Pacific/Auckland
Do Antibiotics That Your Doctor Prescribes Kill Only Bad Bacteria?
The short answer is NO. Pathogenic or disease-causing bacteria make up, at most, about 30 percent of the total bacteria in the body. The remaining 70 percent are good or helpful bacteria. When we take antibiotics, we destroy the 70 percent that is good, just in order to kill the 30 percent that is harmful.Read More
Tuesday, 30 October 2012 2:14:32 PM Pacific/Auckland
BLIS is an acronym for Bacteriocin Like Inhibitory Substances. Only certain bacteria produce BLIS, which are natural antibacterial agents that can be used to help control the undesirable bacterial implicated in diseases. Let us introduce to you "Streptococcus salivarius K12". We call it "BLIS K12".Read More
Monday, 29 October 2012 12:39:47 PM Pacific/Auckland
World Health Organisation (WHO) defines oral health as "being free of chronic mouth and facial pain, oral and throat cancer, oral sores, birth defects such as cleft lip and palate, periodontal (gum) disease, tooth decay and tooth loss, and other diseases and disorders that affect the mouth and oral cavity".Read More
Monday, 1 October 2012 8:48:44 PM Pacific/Auckland
Do you know that Humans Carry More Bacterial Cells than Human Ones? A Microbiologist would say that you are more bacteria than you are you. 90% of the cells within us are not ours but microbes. According to Science Daily, the number of bacteria living within the body of the average healthy adult human are estimated to outnumber human cells 10 to 1."We compulsively wash our hands, spray our countertops and grimace when someone sneezes near us—in fact, we do everything we can to avoid unnecessary encounters with the germ world. But the truth is we are practically walking petri dishes, rife with bacterial colonies from our skin to the deepest recesses of our guts." (Scientific American)Read More
Sunday, 30 October 2011 2:27:11 PM Pacific/Auckland
BLIS probiotics have potential benefits for your health. Common issues are addressed. Continue reading further for: Bad Breath (Halitosis), Strep Throat, Immune Support (for winter illnesses like cold and flu), Middle Ear Infections (Otitis Media), Tonsillitis, Coming Off Antibiotics, Tooth Health...and much moreRead More